137 Features Released with 1.55.0
Browse Other Releases
Top Contributors in 1.55.0
Directory Browser for 1.55.0
All files are compared to previous version, 1.54.3. Click here to browse diffs between other versions.
Release Notes Published
Welcome to the March 2021 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Accessibility improvements - Multi-cursor support and increased line limit.
- Updated icons for macOS Big Sur - Brand icons that match the visual style of Big Sur.
- Improvements to breakpoints - Inline breakpoints menu, and more.
- Editor status decorations - Editor tab status decorations are on by default.
- Customize keyboard shortcuts editor - Resize columns in the keyboard shortcuts editor.
- Improved remote ports management - Port forwarding autodetection, regex naming, and more.
- Terminal profiles - Define profiles in terminal to conveniently launch non-default shells.
- Notebook improvements - Multiple cell selection, and more customizable diff editor.
- VS Code on Raspberry Pi - New topic explaining how to install VS Code on Raspberry Pi devices.
Join us live at the VS Code team's livestream on Thursday, April 8 at 8am Pacific (4pm London) to see a demo of what's new in this release, and ask us questions live.
Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available.