560 Features Released with 1.70.0
Browse Other Releases
Top Contributors in 1.70.0
Directory Browser for 1.70.0
All files are compared to previous version, 1.69.2. Click here to browse diffs between other versions.
Release Notes Published
Welcome to the July 2022 release of Visual Studio Code. There are many updates in this version that we hope you'll like, some of the key highlights include:
- Title bar customization - Hide/show menu bar, Command Center, or layout control.
- Fold selection - Create your own folded regions in the editor.
- Search multi-select - Select and then act on multiple search results.
- Tree view search and filtering - Find and filter in tree views such as the Find Explorer.
- Terminal improvements - Shell integration on by default, extended PowerShell keybindings.
- Command line option --merge - Use the 3-way merge editor as your default merge tool.
- Notebooks: Go to Most Recently Failed Cell - Jump directly to notebook errors.
- Python Get started experience - Quickly install and configure Python within VS Code.
- Sticky scroll preview - New scrolling UI shows current source code scope.
- Dev container CLI topic - Learn about the updated development container CLI.
Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available.