528 Features Released with 1.71.0
Browse Other Releases
Top Contributors in 1.71.0
Directory Browser for 1.71.0
All files are compared to previous version, 1.70.2. Click here to browse diffs between other versions.
Release Notes Published
Welcome to the August 2022 release of Visual Studio Code. August is when many of the engineers on VS Code take their vacations, but there are still many updates in this version that we hope you'll like:
- Merge editor improvements - Easier transition between text and merge editors.
- Expanded codecs support - To help display embedded audio and video in notebooks and webviews.
- File rename selection - Pressing F2 selects filename, whole name, or file extension.
- New Code Action UI - Quickly find the Code Action you're looking for.
- Terminal updates - Shell integration for fish and Git Bash, new smooth scrolling.
- Jupyter notebook image pasting - Paste and preview image files in notebook Markdown cells.
- TypeScript livestreams - Watch TS "Crash Course" or "Tips and Tricks" on YouTube.
- Live Preview extension - Live Preview now supports multi-root web projects.
- Markdown Language Server blog post - Learn how Markdown support moved to a Language Server.
Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available.