December 2, 2022
1.73.1 (released November 9, 2022)
48,174 Diff Delta
77 total committers
754 Features Released with 1.74.0
Browse Other Releases
Latest Pending Unreleased 😎
1.75.0 Released February 1, 2023
1.74.3 Released January 9, 2023
1.74.2 Released December 20, 2022
1.74.1 Released December 14, 2022
1.74.0 Released December 2, 2022
1.73.1 Released November 9, 2022
1.73.0 Released November 1, 2022
1.72.2 Released October 12, 2022
1.72.1 Released October 10, 2022
1.72.0 Released October 5, 2022
Top Contributors in 1.74.0
Directory Browser for 1.74.0
All files are compared to previous version, 1.73.1. Click here to browse diffs between other versions.
Loading File Browser...
Release Notes Published
Welcome to the November 2022 release of Visual Studio Code. There are many updates in this version that we hope you'll like, some of the key highlights include:
- Customize Explorer auto reveal - Decide which files scroll into view in the Explorer.
- Hide Activity bar and Panel badges - Simplify the editor UI by toggling state badges.
- Audio cues for notebooks and diff view - Sounds for cell run results, added or removed lines.
- Merge editor Undo/Redo - Quickly revert or reapply merge conflict actions.
- Manage unsafe repositories - Prevent Git operations on folders not owned by you.
- Remote Tunnels - Create a connection to any machine, without needing SSH.
- Jupyter notebook "Just My Code" debugging - Avoid stepping into Python library code.
- Dev Container GPU support - Request a GPU when creating a Dev Container.
If you'd like to read these release notes online, go to Updates on code.visualstudio.com.
Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available.