111 Features Released with 1.48.0
Browse Other Releases
Top Contributors in 1.48.0
Directory Browser for 1.48.0
All files are compared to previous version, 1.47.3. Click here to browse diffs between other versions.
Release Notes Published
Welcome to the July 2020 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Settings Sync to Stable - Settings Sync is now available for preview in stable.
- Updated Extensions view menu - Simplified menu with additional filtering options.
- New Git View submenus - Refactored overflow menu for Git in the Source Control view.
- Updated in-browser debugging - Debug in the browser without writing a launch configuration.
- Publish a public repository - Choose whether to publish to a public or private GitHub repository.
- Notebook UX updates - New Cell menu, enhanced drag and drop.
- New Remote Container topics - Learn how to attach to a container and create a new dev container.
- Java lightweight mode - Start working with your Java source files more quickly.
Join us live at the VS Code team's livestream on Monday, August 17 at 9am Pacific (5pm London), to see a demo of what's new in this release and ask us questions live.
Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available. And for the latest Visual Studio Code news, updates, and content, follow us on Twitter @code!