99 Features Released with 1.49.0
Browse Other Releases
Top Contributors in 1.49.0
Directory Browser for 1.49.0
All files are compared to previous version, 1.48.2. Click here to browse diffs between other versions.
Release Notes Published
Welcome to the August 2020 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Format modified text - Limit formatting to just the code you've changed.
- Change casing on Search and Replace - Change text casing during global Search and Replace.
- Source Control repositories view - Display pending changes per repository.
- Filter Debug Console output - Quickly filter and find debugging output.
- Improved JS debugger Auto Attach - "Smart" Auto Attach to Node.js scripts or test runners.
- TypeScript optional chaining refactoring - Convert multiple checks to a concise optional chain.
- JSDoc @deprecated tag support - IntelliSense clearly shows APIs marked as deprecated.
- Notebook UX updates - Cell Status bar contributions, enhanced notebook diff editor.
Join us live at the VS Code team's livestream on Wednesday, September 16 at 9am Pacific (5pm London), to see a demo of what's new in this release and ask us questions live.
Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available. And for the latest Visual Studio Code news, updates, and content, follow us on Twitter @code!