150 Features Released with 1.45.0
Browse Other Releases
Top Contributors in 1.45.0
Directory Browser for 1.45.0
All files are compared to previous version, 1.44.2. Click here to browse diffs between other versions.
Release Notes Published
Welcome to the April 2020 release of Visual Studio Code. There are a number of updates in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- Accessibility improvements - New Focus commands to move around the workbench, status bar accessibility.
- Switch editor tabs via mouse wheel - Quickly switch open files in the editor using your mouse wheel.
- Faster syntax highlighting - Programming language colorization is up to 3 times faster.
- Custom semantic colors - Change semantic token colors through your user settings.
- GitHub authentication support - Automatic GitHub authentication for GitHub repositories.
- GitHub Issues integration - Inline hovers and suggestions for GitHub issues and users.
- Remote Development - Container configuration recommendations, WSL 2 support.
- New Docker Compose topic - Learn how to use Docker Compose to work with multiple containers.
Insiders: Want to try new features as soon as possible? You can download the nightly Insiders build and try the latest updates as soon as they are available. And for the latest Visual Studio Code news, updates, and content, follow us on Twitter @code!